It is imperative that board members, administrators, and staff maintain accurate accounting and business records and controls over local, state, and federal fiscal funds, as well as other related business fiduciary affairs. Businesses must establish and continually improve their business policies, procedures, and practices to ensure a viable system for internal accounting controls are in place. The accounting protocol must ensure a proper use of all budgetary funds, especially, the constant and continued monitoring of revenues and expenditures.
AKEBS provides the following accounting and related business services:
- Managing general and all other defined budgetary funds (i.e. Capital Reserve, Trust, Special Purpose, Student Activity, Petty Cash, Construction, etc.)
- Managing internal accounts: Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Processing accounts payable and payroll
- Preparation of year-end payroll reports: W2 & 1099
- Ensuring adherence to GASB rules and regulations
- Maintaining accurate enrollment data and reporting
- Managing employee benefits: vacation, sick leave, health care, etc.
- Training of business and accounting officials
“Accounting records and reports must reflect what is actually happening in the business.”