School districts are required by local, state, and federal rules, regulations, and statutes to maintain both public and nonpublic records. AKEBS is dedicated and committed to preserving and securing records in accordance with individual policies and procedures and records retention statutes. AKEBS will work with personnel to determine the most cost-effective and efficient means for storing information and will oversee the transition to a new record keeping system if so determined.
AKEBS provides the following record keeping and related business services:
- Providing for the security and preservation of all school records
- Maintaining all appropriate storage files
- Working with personnel to identify the most cost effective and efficient means for storing records
- Purging of records in accordance with record retention policies, procedures, and statutes
- Training of business and accounting officials
“Every company should establish a record retention policy to provide to provide guidelines for maintaining complete and accurate corporate records – what records, for how long, and how to dispose.”